What Is Serverless Computing?
It sounds crazy—how can a network possibly function without a server? With cutting-edge technology developments really taking hold, it’s time you started paying attention. There’s a lot of ambiguity surrounding serverless computing, and SBT’s job is to make sure you understand exactly what you’re getting into and how it can help you. So what is serverless computing? In a serverless system, application execution is carried out in an environment that doesn’t rely on servers, operating systems, or other visible processes. It also runs on top of your current operating system (OS).
Benefits of Serverless Computing Services
With several features designed to improve functionality, working within a serverless architecture can help your business reach unprecedented levels of productivity with minimal hassle.
Key benefits include:
- Simplified deployment and packaging, eliminating the need for system administration
- Decreased complexity of software
- Fits well with microservices (they can be implemented as functions)
- Works with agile development and enables developers to focus on code
- Lower cost to scale—with a serverless solution, developers don’t have to implement code to scale, and administrators don’t have to upgrade existing servers or add new ones
- Decreased development and operational costs
- Decreased time to market and faster software release
Have you looked into serverless computing?
You can’t afford to overlook one of the best options available on the market today.
Microsoft Azure Active Directory Domain Services
At SBT, we leverage Microsoft Azure to provide the open, flexible, enterprise-grade cloud services that are ready to meet your toughest business challenges. It is well known that cutting costs and business agility are two common answers to why you would want to invest in cloud computing, but with SBT and Azure, those benefits are only part of a greater picture.
How does Azure benefit you?
- Availability – No network can function with a single point of failure, but creating redundancies is time-consuming and expensive. With Azure, high availability through redundant links, power, and data centers is built in.
- Scalability – Preparing for any eventuality on your own is costly in time and resources. Azure solves scalability by providing resources at the click of a button.
- Disaster Recovery – Data is valuable but so is the time and effort needed to keep it safe. Azure has built-in options for disaster recovery and backups are just as easy with real-time mirroring or snapshots taken at critical moments.
Are You Ready To Get Rid of Your Last On-Premise Servers?
A modern workplace is one that is always available. It approaches old problems with new ideas and solves new ones with the best that technology has to offer. SBT Partners is here for small and medium businesses that want the power and agility of large businesses in a scalable cloud computing package.