What Is Serverless Computing?
It sounds crazy—how can a network possibly function without a server? With cutting-edge technology developments really taking hold, it’s time you started paying attention. There’s a lot of ambiguity surrounding serverless computing, and SBT’s job is to make sure you understand exactly what you’re getting into and how it can help you. So what is serverless computing? In a serverless system, application execution is carried out in an environment that doesn’t rely on servers, operating systems, or other visible processes. It also runs on top of your current operating system (OS).
Benefits of Serverless Computing Services
With several features designed to improve functionality, working within a serverless architecture can help your business reach unprecedented levels of productivity with minimal hassle.
Key benefits include:
- Simplified deployment and packaging, eliminating the need for system administration
- Decreased complexity of software
- Fits well with microservices (they can be implemented as functions)
- Works with agile development and enables developers to focus on code
- Lower cost to scale—with a serverless solution, developers don’t have to implement code to scale, and administrators don’t have to upgrade existing servers or add new ones
- Decreased development and operational costs
- Decreased time to market and faster software release
Have you looked into serverless computing?
You can’t afford to overlook one of the best options available on the market today.
Well-Known Serverless Options for Businesses
Big-name companies such as Microsoft, Google, and Amazon now offer fully developed serverless offerings. Amazon has developed Amazon Web Services (AWS), which provides users with several features that make computing significantly easier. As the industry-leading provider in serverless computing, AWS has shattered the mold of what the technology world thought was possible with a serverless offering.
The platform offers several benefits, including:
- User-friendly orientation: The design allows application providers, independent software vendors (ISVs), and other vendors to host your applications quickly and securely.
- Reliability: With the strong backbone of a multibillion-dollar online business, AWS is as reliable as they come.
- Flexibility: AWS allows users to select the desired OS, programming language, web application platform, database, and other pertinent services. You receive a virtual environment that lets you load the required software and services.
- Scalable: You don’t want the technology solution you use to pigeonhole your network from the start. AWS offers auto scaling and elastic load balancing to help you scale up or down based on demand.
- Cost-Effective: Say goodbye to long-term binding contracts for good with AWS. All you have to worry about is computing power, storage, and other personal resources.